Thursday, September 27, 2012

actually working, feeling the punishment

The good news is that I worked a lot today, like, real work.  And the bad news is, I'm still working, through the middle of the night and there's no end in sight. 

See, there's this pile of work in front of me and it's even bigger than I thought.  Of the eight (or so) things on my plate, one of them is divided into 17 parts.  I thought it was going to take maybe one work day to hammer this thing out, tops.  Wrong.  Each part is taking me about two hours.  Darn.  So my options are to either work normal hours and just get this one thing done this week and let the other seven things go, or I could bust my ass and try to get everything done, probably fail at it, and collapse from exhaustion.

I wish I could at least say that I'm doing good work and it's getting done correctly, but it's a bunch of stuff that got dumped off on me in kind of a sorry state and what they've told me about it and what I'm seeing are two different things.  But the more I complain about it here, the closer I get to falling asleep in my chair, so I'd better get back to work.



No comments:

Post a Comment