Finally got around to watching The Master. I have mixed feelings. It's like having a fine chef, using the most exotic ingredients, each expertly grown under ideal conditions, painstakingly cook up a green bean casserole, using the finest of tools for his craft, presenting it all on an elegant platter. I can appreciate the quality and the craft, but I just don't like green bean casserole. That's pretty much how I feel about the movie, the quality of everything is clear as a bright, sunny day, except I just didn't really care much for the whole thing.
There were a couple standout scenes, though, that I will take away from it. I won't describe them here, but I just want to note that Amy Adams is awesome and/or Satan and I will probably have nightmares about her staring at me with her terrifying black eyes while she hatejerks me to oblivion.
No comments:
Post a Comment