The wound that my significant other sustained last week is having a hard time healing. Imagine, having a painful open wound, and then three times a day, attaching a rabid, sadistic, clawing raccoon to it. That's sort of what she's going through trying to nurse through the burn. "You have my sympathy, but no, I do not want to look." I feel so horrible, it must have hurt like hell. She described to me what it looked and felt like when it happened and it sounds like it was basically like the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark when the one guy's face melted off, except it was her breast instead. Ouch.
If I sold the film rights to my blog to Peter Jackson, how many movies do you think he could get out of it by now? Eight, maybe? The Hobbinator Part Six: There and Back Againer! Cripes man, so King Kong and the Lovely Bones didn't blow the doors off everyone like LOTR did, and I can understand going back to the Hobbit for shits, giggles, and wads of $$$, but a Hobbit trilogy? I guess I'm just being selfish, if that's what people want, then whatever, but personally, I'd have liked to see him do something else with the five years of his life he'll have worked on this Hobbit trilogy by the time it's over.
But speaking of serialized entertainment, I am craving a bit of TV. Are there any good series out there that I've been missing? Since 24 ended and the kids came, I haven't been into anything besides Archer (love the first two seasons, waiting for season three to hit Netflix). I've heard good things about Breaking Bad, now that it's starting its last season (from what I've heard), I was thinking about getting into it. What do you guys think of Breaking Bad, or Mad Men, Lost, Sopranos? Any other recommendations...? I haven't seen a single episode of any of those and I'm fixing for some serialized goodness in my life (not of the Hobbit variety).
My brother James, I give thanks. The sun, the birds, the moss on the trees; all the common yet imprecise instruments at my disposal seemed to be guiding me towards Breaking Bad, but as one stumbling in the dark, I grew fearful. Now with your recommendation, I can move forward with conviction. I have found True North and Walter White will lead the way.
ReplyDeleteSopranos and Mad Men will have to wait.