Wednesday, August 1, 2012

null day

Silly me, I should have known a day like today was coming.  It seems like whenever I have a complacent day like yesterday, it is soon followed up by a lost day.  A day where I just kind of black out and really don't even know what happened to the day.  I didn't even eat today.  After getting Jack to daycare, I got a drink from the kitchen, went downstairs to work, and then all the sudden it was 4:30 in the afternoon and I hadn't done any work, I hadn't done anything at all, and I really had to pee and I was hungry.  I don't know what happened.  Alien abduction maybe?

I'm mad because I should have known it was coming and prepared against it, but I didn't.  So now I've got work to catch up on, I might just stay up late to do it, I don't know.  I'm working extra every evening to run some processes that need to be run at 8pm and 10pm, so I'm already doing some extra stuff at weird hours, I may as well pile on more.

I just have to remember, complacent periods are followed by blackout periods, which are then usually followed up by stressful periods of catching up, which are then followed by burnout, and then finally I get burned out on burnout and go back to complacent.  I always have to keep track of where on the wheel I'm at so I know what stupid mind tricks I'm going to have to fight against.

And since I can't smoke any more (I miss you, cigarettes.... <lone tear>), I'm apparently growing a beard.  I don't know how those things are related, but somehow they are.  Dumb fuck rebellion maybe?  Yeah, that's probably it.  It's what a douchebag would do.  I like the gray that's sprinkled in it, but wifey made me pluck a small cluster in my 'stache because it genuinely looked like I had a poof of powdered sugar or a fuzzy in that one spot.  The sprinkles are nice, but this one cluster just had to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment