Friday, August 10, 2012

pot of gold

The following quote is from a reader comment on a Yahoo article talking about a Kalamazoo police officer disagreeing with Canadian gun policy.

"A hole american cops. Their attitude in the middle ages is what led to the creation of Islam in the first place."

I try not to be depressed and melancholy ALL the time, but for fuck's sake, man.  I don't even know where to begin with that. 
- Neither the article nor the issue at hand have anything to do with religion at all. 
- I'm sure Muslims would love to hear that the creation of their religion was just a rebellious protest reaction to the attitude of American police officers.
- And I would really love to hear more about the attitude of American police officers in the Middle Ages... (oh, my head hurts, it hurts so bad...)

I try to avoid looking at internet comments altogether, whether it's Yahoo or YouTube or whatever, but despite my intentions, sometimes I do accidentally read some.  And then I wonder if the rainbow was such a good idea after all, if you folks that went to Sunday school catch what I'm saying.  I wouldn't blame Him.

To change the subject - I worked yesterday!  What I mean is, there was actual work for me to do!  It was fabulous.  All day I worked, and the people I needed to communicate with were responsive, and by the end of the day I had accomplished every task set before me.  I wish every day were like that.  Don't get me wrong, there's certainly some benefit to the days where I've got nothing to do but play video games (or watch Breaking Bad), but it feels much better when I'm doing something to earn my paycheck.  Idle time makes me worried about getting laid off if there's not enough work to go around.

No comments:

Post a Comment