Wednesday, August 22, 2012

the mistake that never was

That Psy video was featured in a six-minute story on CNN Headline News today.  I was eating some ramen (tastes like college!) on my lunch break and there it was.  Somehow I feel robbed of some of my fun. 

Work has been interesting.  I'm still trying to figure out what happened today.  I had an assignment, somebody messed something up, and I needed to fix it.  It was a pain, and took a lot of work, but I got the job done.  There was a meeting today to go over the fix and the dude that messed everything up was in the meeting.  And the weird part was, everybody was pretending like there was no mistake, that this guy didn't mess anything up at all... I don't know, it was just weird.  I've been in lots of meetings where somebody's messed something up, other people come in to fix it, we all get together and talk about it, figure out where and how the mistakes happened with no finger pointing or judging and it all gets resolved.  There's a lot of professionalism and humility, it's wonderful.  But today was different.  Today it was like nobody wanted to acknowledge that a mistake was even made.

I have to find out who this guy is, why he won't acknowledge his mistakes, and more importantly, why nobody else will acknowledge his mistakes either.  If this dude has corporate super-powers, if this guy's protected from on high or some Keyser Soze shit like that, I'd better find out about it so I can make sure to never step on this dude's toes. 

Watched the last episode of Breaking Bad Season 4 today.  I have to agree with what I've heard, it's a damn good show, hard not to blaze through them in a marathon.  I'm trying to weigh my options for watching Season 5.  Something tells me I'm not going to be able to wait a year or whatever for it to show up on Netflix streaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment