Wednesday, November 7, 2012

the car is dead

long live the car

So we did it, we traded in the car that is ailing and bought something nice and new.  This means that we are more anxious than ever about one of us getting laid off.  It also means that our 11 year old car that we still have had better last another five years until the payments on this new one are finished.  What are the chances of that?  If the 10 year old car just went bad, that just makes me think the 11 year old car could just drop dead at any moment.  But preferably, it will wait another five years.  Who knows, maybe if we don't abuse it too much, maybe it actually could last that long.  I'm already sweating over the next 60 months worth of car payments on this new car, I can't imagine how much I'd be sweating if we had two car payments again. 

My three year old son just requested that I put on his "quiet music" in his room to go to sleep with.  My son actually asking me to turn on the Radiohead lullaby cd for him to listen to as he falls asleep?  Awesome.

work is work, I'll complain about that another day, I have to get back upstairs and go to bed

No comments:

Post a Comment